Monday, January 11, 2010

Making Progress

So one week is done with my challenge of changing my thinking. These baby steps are working.

My first weekly goal was to clean my kitchen every night before going to bed. This is so that in the morning I am greeted with a clean rather than dirty kitchen and my day can start better.

Well, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best I have ever done and 1 being I didn't even try...I would rate myself at a 7.5. I did well, but I can do better, I did not clean one night due to my stomach hurting and I didn't care. However, I can say that I accomplished something. I stuck to my goal and I forced myself to do it even when I didn't want to. I also felt a real since of yeah, this is working as the week went on. I can't explain it really, it's a feeling of true satisfaction...one I haven't honestly felt in a while. I have kinda just been existing rather than living in the house.

In fact, I am noticing that I am caring more about many more things, and I am working at trying to get the kiddos to care more as well.

On to Weekly Goal #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment